Knowlton Park

Knowlton Park
PlaygroundKnowlton Square
Locust St. at Broadway St.
Size: .3 acres

Located at the southeast corner of Broadway and Locust, the park is named after Dexter A. Knowlton, pioneer merchant and Freeport landowner who donated the land and development of the park to the community. A bronze tablet was placed in the park in 1939 by Knowlton’s descendants on the 100th anniversary of his arrival to Freeport. Today the neighborhood park features tall Black Maple trees that shade benches and play equipment installed in 1992.